Armed conflicts, terrorism, climate change, epidemics, international migration and humanitarian crises are all crucial to the analysis of international security. The regulation of these issues takes place beyond the authority of nation states and highlights the growing interdependence of actors in world politics. International Security indeed involves state institutions and international organisations, but also private actors like contractor companies and international financial firms. Understanding International Security requires to analyse power relations between all these actors, who struggle over the definition of the problems at stake as well as over the solutions to be implemented.
Given the diversity of global risks that make up our world, a comprehensive definition of international security has to go beyond the analysis of defence policy and foreign policy. Our specialisation in International Security Policy therefore provides advanced training in these areas, but also in public policies such as macroeconomics, foreign aid and environmental policy.
Doctorate in political science, College of Europe (Bruges and Natolin), Institute of florence
(1) Public administration at national and subnational level: ministries, regional and local authorities, but also other public administration agencies recruit experts in public policy;
(2) International and European organisations, such as the European Union, the FAO, the OSCE or the European Environment Agency;
(3) NGOs, think tanks, trade unions, interest groups and lobbies often recruit experts with backgrounds in political science and international affairs;
(4) Businesses are increasingly recruiting people qualified in international affairs ;
(5) Academic career: students graduating from our MA can also access PhD programmes in order to pursue an academic career.
Master Droit, Economie, Gestion
Mention Etudes Européennes et Internationales
Parcours Les politiques de conflits internationaux / International security policy
Diplôme délivré par jury rectoral
Bachelor's and Master's fees are calculated depending on revenue and household composition.
You can immediatly estimate your fees online :