LILLE - "Learn In Lille, Live Europe" combines a variety of innovative, student-centred academic programs at the Université Catholique de Lille, tailored to suit different academic needs and schedules, and to provide a welcoming environment and an excellent study/life balance.
2,250 students welcomed since 2001
96% of the students recommend the program
20+ courses offered
Created in 2001, the LILLE European Summer Program (ESP) is a four-week academic course offering to students (and instructors) from around the world the opportunity to experience French culture firsthand at the heart of Europe and be part of an international, multicultural student community.
LILLE ESP is tailored to suit your objectives and challenges, while balancing educational and social activities. Students can choose from a large variety of electives to fulfil their interests and expand their horizons.
Diversity is what makes our programs and our community so rich: students from all over the world, from different types of institutions, with different backgrounds and perspectives share a common experience on a French campus, at the heart of Europe.
LILLE ESP has become more and more successful over the years. From 27 students in 2001, it now welcomes 200+ students from 20+ countries each summer. We are proud to offer a high-standard academic and social experience: more than 95% of students and staff say the LILLE ESP met or exceeded their expectations.
LILLE ESP 2019 will offer our tailor-made, student-centered programs, developed in collaboration with our partner universities, with new exciting electives. It has been designed as a full package including a large variety of academic courses, accommodation, meal and transportation passes, extra-curricular activities, and 24/7 personalized assistance.
Create your own program!
Include a 9-hour module of Intercultural Communication in French or in English.
|French Language and Culture*||51||French||Yes||Yes|
|Project Management for Everyone||48||English||Yes||Yes|
*An initial placement activity will sort students from beginner to advanced.
AFTERNOON ELECTIVES (39 contact hours)
|Communication française (from A2+ to B1+)*||Yes||Yes|
|La France et son Cinéma (B2)*||Yes||x|
|La France d'aujourd'hui (B2)*||x||Yes|
*taught in French
|Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development||x||Yes|
|Corporate Culture, Human Resources and Innovation||Yes||Yes|
|Introduction to Renewable Energies: a Focus on Solar Energy||Yes||x|
|Current Practices in Renewable Energy||x||Yes|
|Mathematical Tools for the Digital Age||x||Yes|
|Healthcare in France: Innovative Solutions for New Challenges||Yes||x|
|Health: a Common Good?||x||Yes|
|European Union Policy Making||Yes||Yes|
|Introduction to European Studies: History, Politics and Society||x||Yes|
|Comparative Law & Human Rights||Yes||x|
Accommodation in individual rooms in secure and private student residences, which are easily accessible to campus by walking or public transit. Depending on availability of the rooms students will either live in Valentine Charrondière, Campuséa, Estudines or Concordia. These residences are not run by the university but we have regular contact with them to optimally meet the students’ expectations.
ESP generally attempts to place students from the same university in the same residence.
- Meal pass for use at the university restaurant during opening hours (50€ on card, can be recharged online at the student's expense). Plenty of fast food and restaurant options near campus as well (4-8€)
- 5 group dinners throughout the program
- Access to university facilities
- Public transportation pass for all public transit systems in the Lille Metropolitan area
- Pick-up at train station on arrival day, campus tour, welcome brunch, ice-breaking activity, detailed program information session
- Student support available 24/7
- Guided visits of Lille
- Day trips to historic and important Belgian cities (Bruges, Brussels, Ieper) with guided visits
- Planned cultural activities
- Movie nights
- Group dinners
- Wide range of courses (+20)
- 12 ECTS Credits / 6 North American Credits : Participating in the ESP will allow students some transferable credits to include in their university career if they wish. Students should check with their academic advisors or Study Abroad office for more information about the credit transfer process.
- Official transcripts for course credits
- Course materials
- Off campus visits related to course materials
Cost of the ESP package: 2,950€
- Tuition fees: 1,400€
- Hospitality package: 1,250€
- Administration fees: 300€
10% discount for partner universities and for students attending both sessions
The ESP Program can also provide Health and Travel Insurance coverage, knowing that it is mandatory to have health and travel insurance. Students under 25 can subscribe through the Université Catholique de Lille (+ 75 €).
We want students to make the most of their time in Lille, and have designed a series of fieldtrips and extra-curricular activities that will take them to some of the most emblematic cultural and historic places in France and Europe. (See p.16 & 17 in the ESP Brochure)
Home to the Université Catholique de Lille since 1875, Lille is a vibrant and dynamic university city at the centre of Western Europe. With swift connections to Brussels (35 minutes), Paris (60 minutes), and London (80 minutes), Lille is perfect for students planning to visit and study Europe. And there is always much to see and do in Lille itself – a welcoming multicultural haven.
It was the best experience in my life. You meet new people, you make friends, you learn about cultures, you try new experiences, new foods, you learn French and you get to know yourself. All these while you are in Europe travelling. Don't miss this opportunity, you won't regret it!
Consuelo - Argentina
Lille is a vibrant city that has lots of young people, great places to eat and go out, and a great public transportation system. The staff at ESP is very helpful and catering to any of their student's needs. I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay!
Suzanna - USA
The summer programme was very well organised and we are thankful that we chose the Lille Catholic University and that our daughter could become a part of it. This programme has groomed her in a big way. She had incredible moments of laughter, joy, excitement, fun, and learning at university, which made her fall in love with France. Thanks to you and the whole Lille fraternity for making this opportunity a blessing for my child.
A parent from India
You will meet different people from all over the world and experience things you probably never expected to happen in your life. It will be one of your best memories, ever!
Zequn - China
LILLE Short Term Programs
The LILLE Short Term Programs (STP) are two to three-week programs, modelled on the ESP, designed to give students from all over the world a unique academic and cultural experience complete with group dinners, local and regional tours, and opportunities to socialize with French students. Our STP academic offer focus on topics as variable as:
- Social Business
- Sustainable Development
- Language and Culture
- Art and History
Check the syllabi for the April STP (23 April - 10 May 2019)
Morning module (compulsory):
Afternoon modules (choose one):
Cost of the STP: 1,875€
- Tuition fees
- Course materials
- Administration fees
- Pick-up at Lille Europe train station on the arrival day of the program
- An orientation program on the first day of the program with a visit of the campus, of Lille and other practifcal information
- Access to public transportation in Lille
- A meal pass for lunches (Mon-Fri) at the university cafeteria
- Group dinners in local restaurants to discover different type of gastronomy
- Cultural activities such as fieldtrips around Lille, in Belgium, visits to museums
- Accomodation in a student residence: private room, breakfast included, easy access to the University - 500€
- Week-end in Paris: 1 night in a hotel, guided visits, breakfast, access to transportation and a boat cruise on the Seine river - 200€
- Health and Travel Insurance coverage, knowing that it is mandatory to have health and travel insurance. Students under 25 can subscribe through the Université Catholique de Lille - 75€
21 January - 8 February 2019
23 April - 10 May 2019
And more to come!