Ability to work in English.
Knowledge of basic French Law to be able to compare it with English Law.
Discovering and Comparing the English legal system to the French one.
Being able to lead a Legal Reasoning following the rules of a foreign law.
At the end of the course, the student should be able to :
- Understand the basic functioning of English Law.
- Spot the differences between French and English legal system.
THE ENGLISH LEGAL SYSTEM:
- Types of Law
- Common law mainly
- Court Structure
- Legal Profession
- Formation, Terms and Remedies
- Contracts for goods and contracts for services : differences
- Exclusion clauses
- Are they allowed?
- Exclusion and Exemption Clauses
LAW OF TORT: NEGLIGENCE
- When is it recognized?
INTRODUCTION OF COMPANY AND EMPLOYMENT LAW.
Deals with a foreign law.
Exercises at the end of each session: students can get trained and discover a foreign legal reasoning (most of time: practical case to resolve).
The courses and presentations of each subject rely on Powerpoint presentations. The slides are then sent to the students so they can use them to study for the exam.