Fiche détaillée d'un cours


 


Voir la fiche établissement

WORK SOCIOLOGY

2017-2018

IESEG School of Management ( IÉSEG )

Code Cours :

1718-IÉSEG-BB1S2-DEV-BB1CE08UE

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT


Niveau Année de formation Période Langue d'enseignement 
Bachelor in International Business1S2English
Professeur(s) responsable(s)M.GREER
Intervenant(s)Fabiola ALVAREZ LORENZO


Pré requis

Curiosity, open-mindedness and the ability to remain detached. A minimal follow-up is required but it has to be both active and critical of the economic and social news. The student must be able to link the news to ideas from other lessons from the first year (business exploration, economy...) and to his/her potential professional experiences.

Objectifs du cours

At the end of the course, the student should be able to :
- Define and analyse broadly the various organisational modes in the workplace, working relationships and major issues in the workplace
- Analyse the actual functioning of a specific work mode (internship, employment).
- An open and comprehensive approach to facts, representations and issues related to work must concur with the development of managerial capabilities, mainly those concerning social responsibility.

Contenu du cours

Work as an object of sociology. The value "work". Towards new motivation factors in the workplace. Main organisational modes. Current organisational practices. Social regulations and professional relationships. Relationships in the workplace. Work and inequality.


Modalités d'enseignement

Organisation du cours

TypeNombre d'heuresRemarques
Face to face
Interactive class16,00   12 courses sessions
Independent study
Estimated personal workload12,00   Mostly preparation for continuous assessment tests and final exam
Independent work
E-Learning12,00   Mostly preparation for each course session on Ieseg Online
Research5,00   Individual written work
Charge de travail globale de l'étudiant45,00  

Méthodes pédagogiques

  • E-learning
  • Research
  • Interactive class


Évaluation

60% of the mark is based on continuous assessment (MCQs test about the course's content and the news, plus an individual research written report based on a real situation and/or a current topic related to work/employment), and the remaining 40% is based on a 2 hour final examination (synthesis question)

Type de ContrôleDuréeNombrePondération
Continuous assessment
QCM0,15230,00
Final Exam
Written exam2,00140,00
Others
Written Report5,00130,00
TOTAL     100,00

Bibliographie

  • Stroobants, Marcelle. Sociologie du travail. Armand Colin, 2007 Paris. - -




 
* Informations non contractuelles et pouvant être soumises à modification
 
 
Vidéo : Un campus à vivre
Notre chaîne Youtube