Fiche détaillée d'un cours


 


Voir la fiche établissement

CREATIVITY MANAGEMENT

2017-2018

IESEG School of Management ( IÉSEG )

Code Cours :

1718-IÉSEG-M1S2-ENT-MA-EI05UE

ENTREPRENEURSHIP


Niveau Année de formation Période Langue d'enseignement 
Master1S2English
Professeur(s) responsable(s)D.CHEEK
Intervenant(s)Dennis CHEEK


Pré requis

No prior knowledge of creativity is assumed. Students will be required to approach a four-day simulation involving extensive role playing, inter and intratream negotiations, debate, oral and written summations and presentations with great seriousness of purpose and fidelity with their randomly assigned roles.

Objectifs du cours

At the end of the course, the student should be able to :
1. Understand and describe key concepts and selected techniques associated with creativity.
2. Apply selected creativity concepts and techniques within the context of a complex four-day simulation.
3. Appreciate the key role that managers play within an enterprise in effectively marshaling, managing, and maintaining creative expression of ideas and innovation within teams and within the enterprise.
4. Demonstrate in a preliminary manner their ability to manage creativity within the context of a complex simulation.

Contenu du cours

During the course students will add to their knowledge of creativity ideas, concepts, and techniques within the context of active participation in a four-day, English-language only, complex simulation dealing with a contemporary problem within an entire country context. The simulation involves all sectors within society and has implications for entrepreneurial endeavors, financing innovations, policy changes, public/private partnerships, and international collaborations. Students will be randomly assigned to teams and the class will be led throughout the simulation by a team of peers functioning as an international consulting firm brought into the situation to lead a national meeting to seek solutions to a pressing and complex sociotechnical issues confronting the nation. Students will draw upon all of their existing expertise and knowledge as well as utilizing a complex set of carefully curated materials within IESEG Online for their use over the four days. The professor will provide individual team coaching, serve as a scientific-technical expert in the simulation, and provide a meta-level analysis of insights from each day of the simulation for the class.


Modalités d'enseignement

Organisation du cours

TypeNombre d'heuresRemarques
Face to face
Interactive class15,00   evolving simulation
Independent work
Reference manual 's readings18,00   all within IESEG Online
Independent study
Group Project11,00   Work within an assigned team
Individual Project4,00   Do specialized work for their team
Estimated personal workload2,00  
Charge de travail globale de l'étudiant50,00  

Méthodes pédagogiques

  • Presentation
  • E-learning
  • Research
  • Interactive class
  • Case study
  • Coaching


Évaluation

Students do a 360 degree assessment of their own performance, their team's performance, and other teams' performance throughout the simulation. This makes up 50% of their simulation grade; the remaining 50% supplied by the professor who circulates throughout the simulation observing. The simulation combined grade constitutes 70% of the whole; the remaining 30% is a professor assigned grade for one set essay and one essay chosen from a set of four topics which is due 9 days after the last class meeting.

Type de ContrôleDuréeNombrePondération
Continuous assessment
Participation15,00170,00
Others
Written Report4,00230,00
TOTAL     100,00

Bibliographie

  • Proctor, Tony (2014). Creative Problem Solving for Managers: Developing Skills for Decision Making and Innovation. NY: Routledge, 4th edition. -

    The Proctor textbook which is highly recommended, must be purchased; all required readings, including those listed below and others, will be free within IESEG Online

  • An extensive curated collection of obligatory and supplemental materials pertinent to the simulation will be provided in IESEG online for student use -


Ressources internet

  • IESEG Online

    I will use the school intranet site to post all essential readings for the simulation as well as other free resources on creativity techniques and a bibliography regarding creativity resources.



 
* Informations non contractuelles et pouvant être soumises à modification
 
 
Vidéo : Un campus à vivre
Notre chaîne Youtube