Votre contact


Coordonnatrice Summer Program

Tél. +33 (3) 20 13 40 00



How much money am I supposed to budget for my stay in France?


The table below aims to help you budget your costs for participating in the ESP.



Tuition Fees:
Includes Class teaching and assessment, a Student Card, access to the University wifi network, all course materials, an official Summer Program Certificate, an Academic Transcript in ECTS format.

Hospitality Fee:
Includes Accommodation in individual rooms (some in shared flats) in University residence halls on campus or city center and meal card with 50 euros credit for use at the university cafeteria from Monday to Friday, free Access to Local Public Transportation, Fieldtrips and entrance to Museums according to the program, a Cultural and Social Program, a full Program of Orientation.

Living Costs:
Dinners and food during week-ends, School supplies, Personal Expenses (150 euros for meals and food on weekends can be budgeted. Personal expenses will then obviously vary from one student to another)

Mandatory Health Insurance Coverage

Health and Travel Insurance is mandatory for students taking part in the ESP, and is available through the Université Catholique de Lille.  (75 euros)

Passport (and Visa if required)

Travel to and from the country of origin

Transportation from the airport to the University


* Black font = included in the cost of the program  

   Blue font = not included in the cost of the program


How much cash should I bring with me?


That is up to you, although we do not advise that you carry large amounts of cash with you at any time.  ATMs (and banks) are plentiful, and major credit cards are widely accepted (although cards without chips may not work for some automated transactions).  Some students pick up their first euros from an ATM (called a distributeur in France) only after arrival at the airport. 


However, some students have arrived with 500 euro notes, which are all but impossible to use here, or even to exchange at a bank.  Please do not bring any bills larger than a 50 euro note (some merchants will refuse even these for smaller transactions).  Nor are travellers cheques recommended, since cashing these generally requires a visit to a bank during school hours. 


We do recommend bringing a valid credit card (preferably one with a chip) and - both for day to day transactions and for cash withdrawals - an ATM debit card, ideally one with Visa or MasterCard logo on it.  (Also, bring an extra card with you, if possible; few things are more frustrating than having your card destroyed by a machine because you mistyped your PIN one too many times).  



Is there any financial aid?


If you are from a partner university, you will receive a discount on our usual price, so check with your Study Abroad office.


If you are not part of a partner university, you can contact your Study Abroad office or the French embassy in your country to ask for advice. 


Vidéo : Un campus à vivre
Notre chaîne Youtube